Skip to main content

Man granted French citizen and job after rescuing a child.



A young Malian migrant who rescued a child dangling from a balcony will be made a French citizen and has been offered a job by the Paris fire brigade.

A young Malian migrant who rescued a child dangling from a balcony will be made a French citizen and has been offered a job by the Paris fire brigade, the office of the French presidency said.
Video of the rescue showed 22-year-old Mamoudou Gassama climbing up four floors of the apartment building in just seconds to rescue the child, to cheers from onlookers.
By the time Parisian emergency services arrived at the building, he had already pulled the child to safety.
President Emmanuel Macron invited Gassama to the Élysée Palace on Monday, where he was given a certificate and a gold medal for performing an act of courage and dedication.
Gassama told Macron: "I didn't think about it, I climbed up and God helped me."

He said that when he reached the apartment, he became scared and started shaking. Macron asked Gassama how the child was when he was rescued. He replied: "He was crying because he was hurt." Speaking to CNN-affiliate BFM TV after the rescue, Gassama said he had been in the neighborhood to watch a football match in a local restaurant when he saw the commotion. "I like children, I would have hated to see him getting hurt in front of me. I ran and I looked for solutions to save him and thank God I scaled the front of the building to the balcony," he said. The video shows neighbors on an adjoining balcony struggling to pull the child to safety. According to judicial sources, the child's father was out shopping when the incident occurred. The father is being investigated for abandoning his parental responsibilities, according to a spokesman for the Paris prosecutor. He is no longer in custody, but will be sentenced in September, the spokesman said. The 4-year-old child has been placed in care. Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo said on her official Twitter on Sunday she had called Gassama to thank him, congratulating the Malian migrant on his act of bravery. "He explained to me that he arrived from Mali a few months ago with the dream of making a life for himself here. I replied that his heroic act is an example for all citizens and that the city of Paris will obviously be keen to support him in his efforts to settle in France," she posted to Twitter. The Paris fire brigade tweeted: "Mamoudou shares the values of the Paris fire brigade. We are ready to welcome him."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DONE DEAL!!! Neymar complete heartfelt transfer to PSG

Neymar has become the most expensive player in soccer history after completing his blockbuster transfer to Paris Saint-Germain from Barcelona on Thursday for $262 million. PSG triggered the release clause in the forward’s Barcelona contract, which was more than double the previous transfer record set a year ago when Manchester United paid $116 million for Paul Pogba. PSG said in a statement that the 25-year-old Neymar had signed a five-year contract, until June 2022. PSG said “his arrival into the Paris Saint-Germain family emphasizes more than ever the club’s aims to rise to the top of world football.” Barcelona did all it could to stop Neymar from leaving and had vowed to complain to the UEFA, European soccer’s ruling body, if his seemingly untouchable release clause was triggered. The payment of the clause directly to the club was the second attempt Neymar’s representatives had made on Thursday to break his bond with Barcelona. Earlier in the day, his lawyer, Juan...

Music connected me with former President Olusegun Obasanjo- Ibitayo Jeje

Call her the female version of the legendary Juju crooner, Ebenezer Obey Fabiyi and you wouldn’t be wrong. She is a devoted purveyor of culture. With her one-of-a kind voice, many couldn’t imagine where highlife music would be without Ibitayo Jeje. What many don’t know is that the gospel highlife diva got her start in a church choir. The singer, entrepreneur and author looks back at various moments of her life, marriage, music and relationship with ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo in this interview with Adedayo Adejobi How did you discover that you are a musician? I didn’t just discover that aspect of me by myself. Before I started singing highlife music, I used to do a bit of everything from Hip-hop, R&B and reggae in my subsequent albums. Someone heard one of my songs in the old album and asked if I had tried singing highlife music. Because I appreciate culture, I got interested and started researching and went back to the studio. One of the songs that I had record...

[GOSPEL] Lara George Gears Up For Concert In Houston Texas.

Multi-award winning Gospel artiste, Lara George is set to enthrall listeners and enrapture worshippers as she sets out on her tour of the USA. Join her in her first ever solo musical concert as she celebrates the release of a brand new 15-track album - her fifth solo studio work- titled 'A Slice of Heaven.' With other hit, classic tracks like 'Ijoba Orun,' 'Kolebaje,' 'Halleluyah,' 'Komasi' and 'Dansaki,' join her live in concert at the Dominion Chapel Stafford Texas Venue, for an explosion of praise, dance, worship and immersion in music that enables the deepest possible form of connection with our Maker. All ages are welcome at this event, but 'Child' tickets are limited, so hurry and get all your tickets now with special rebates for early birds. VIP ticket-holders will get free copies of the album, as well as posters in their goodie-bags, so go ahead and splurge on these tickets. We know that there are some of ...